1. I've been watching The Real World D.C. this season and I have to say that the women on the show thus far have been pretty cool. Sure, they have their issues, but they also seem to be bright and fun and they seem to stick up for each other and other women in a way that you sometimes don't see on reality shows.*
2. On the other hand, The Deep End, which is about first year lawyers, is not a good show. It's too melodramatic and silly, and the first years are allowed to do stuff that no first year would be allowed to do without any guidance or help. There are so many shows about lawyers, it's hard to understand why there are so few any good ones.**
3. I just got these shoes:
Nice, right? Linea Paolo at Nordstrom. As an inveterate wearer of high heels, I can tell you that all of their shoes are superbly balanced and make it feel like you're not wearing a 4 inch heel. I also like the Gianni Bini line at Dillards, which has the same balanced quality.
4. Human Target? Still an entertaining show. I recommend it for people who used to like 24 but just can't get into the premise anymore.
5. The Grammys can be great or they can be mediocre, depending on the live performances. Last night was mediocre. When Green Day and a cast of dozens sound thin and weak you know it's not going to be a good night.***
6. I'm going to have Write You @ss Off Weekend next weekend, and I'm super excited about it.
* An example: one of the guys in the house says "men are independent and all women are dependent" and when the women object, he's like "just admit that's how you are!" So they all get up and walk out of the room, annoyed by his crap, even the girl who's having sex with him every night.
** Good shows about lawyers: Law and Order, especially the mothership, which gets the "you win some you lose some" aspect right and is also--bonus--usually right about the actual law. The Practice was also a good show about the law, most of the time (when it went too far into the serial killer stuff it derailed a bit), and the stuff with the mob was also really good television. Shark started pretty well, but I lost track of it in the schedule shuffling.
*** The exception to this rule, of course, was Pink, who sang her number in a body suit. Wet. While spinning from a trapeze. And did it live. I really regret missing her last tour.