1. I saw 2012 this weekend. It was...not good. Not even for people like me, who love disaster movies. More on why it wasn't a good movie for me, personally, later this week, but really, save your money. All the best destruction happens in the previews.
2. Last week I failed to buy a car. Or, rather, I should say that the dealership I wanted to buy a car from failed to sell me a car. My official explanation for their failure is this: they failed to engage in a serious discussion about price. I know! A used car dealership decided that, instead of trying to talk me into buying a car I (a) really wanted (b) already had financing for and (c) had already had inspected by my mechanic, they would rather let me walk away than engage in a serious discussion about price.* I guess the economy is recovering after all. :)
3. I find that watching old episodes of The West Wing helps me with my snappy banter.
4. I went to the local Nanowrimo write-in on Thursday, which was fun. Writing a novel in a social setting is a little counter-intuitive, but everyone was very nice and it was at Panera and I love their lemonade.
5. On Saturday, I ate for the first time at Five Guys Burgers. They are very delicious, and also HUGE. I ate, like, half of my cheeseburger and fries, and I never stop at half with a cheeseburger. Or fries. Still, I highly recommend them.
6. Jay's Word Count: 25,062. Halfway, peeps!
* What I mean by "failed to engage" is that they started at $17,900, I countered at $15,000 (a price I didn't actually intend to pay, by the way), and they said "oh, well, we paid more for the car than that, so $17,900?" So I walked.