1. Even though I am not a championship marksman, I am really enjoying Top Shot on Discovery Channel. The funny thing is, when you're dealing with a bunch of people who are experts at handling firearms, you're not going to get a lot of really excitable drama queens -- that's sort of the opposite of the personality who becomes a marksman, you know? -- so the show is just about a lot of really talented people making really hard shots. It's delightful.
2. I've been thinking about the title for The Book a lot lately. Normally, I'm phenomenal at titles, but The Book has been particularly challenging. Agent Ted and I have settled on a couple of titles, all of which were adequate and none of which have been awesome. sigh. It's getting to the point where I'm going to open the manuscript to a random page and pick a word.*
3. I don't like vacuuming, but I like having vacuumed. Vacuuming is like exercise in that way.
4. Live Free or Die Hard is more entertaining than any fourth movie in a series has any right to be. The first one was epic, of course, the second and third ones were adequate, but the fourth one, almost (almost) as good as the first. That never happens. Just ask Alien.
5. If you haven't already seen Hyperbole and a Half, the blog written and illustrated by Allie Brosh, you are missing out. GO. Go now.
* How well will a book called "The" sell, do you think? And, of course, there's also the fact that if and when The Book sells, the publisher may want a different title altogether. It's maddening.