1. Working from home (which I had to do two days last week due to snow) is not really as fun as it sounds like it should be. Sure, you're at home, and yes, you're wearing pajamas, but you're still working.
2. On Bravo, they've reached the episodes of "The West Wing" after Rob Lowe leaves and, just like the first time around, I am losing interest. I think it's because I don't find the character of Josh Lyman (played by Bradley Whitford) as engaging as everyone else does. Sam (Rob Lowe's character) is sort of the sweet gooey center of the West Wing staff on the show, the nice guy, the doll, and when he leaves, there's no real replacement for him, so the cast becomes a series of wise-cracking asses none of whom I find charming.*
3. Speaking of Rob Lowe, this weekend I watched the complete novel version of The Outsiders. Then I had to read the book. Then it was three in the morning and I had to go to bed. God bless you, S.E. Hinton. For real.
4. Is it just me, or when you finish a project do you want to jump right into the next one right away? I read somewhere that Samuel Richardson** would write for a certain amount of time each day, and if he finished one book in the middle of that time, he would just start another. I sort of get how he feels.
5. Have you ever wondered what Kelly Clarkson would sound like if she could really wail on guitar? Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to present Orianthi.***
* Also, Rob Lowe? HOT. Then and now. But really it's not about physical attractiveness in a character for me (not that it hurts :) ). Sam Seaborn is a character that is mostly adorable with a side of smartass, whereas Josh Lyman is mostly arrogant prick with a side of "oh, sorry." And don't even get me STARTED on the whole Josh/Donna thing...
** 18th century novelist Samuel Richardson, that is. He's not very wisely read nowadays because his books are HUGE, but he's awesome.
*** Yes, that's really her playing the guitar. She's major.