1. I'm doing NaNoWriMo this year in an attempt to get a first draft of my current project firing on all cylinders. It should be interesting, since I'm a fast writer, but I'm not typically 1667 words a day fast. If I can figure out how to get the word counter widget thing working on Blogger, I'll post it here.
2. Writer Beware has an excellent post here on copyright and what it means to writers. Most important to my mind is Victoria's last point: if it's not in writing, it didn't happen. I don't care how nice your agent or editor is; I don't care what they promised you. I don't care if they've "never" done something or "always" do something. I don't care if they're related to you. If it's not in writing, it didn't happen.
3. Ann Aguirre talks over at Fangs, Fur, and Fey about her attitude toward phone calls (namely, she doesn't make them). While I'm not quite as Victorian as she is,* I share her sympathies. My primary gripe, though, is if you have tried to call me and I haven't answered you, calling me five times in rapid succession is not going to work. It's only going to succeed in making me turn my phone off altogether. If I'm not answering, I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU.**
4. And don't effing TEXT MESSAGE me. Ever.***
5. And stay off my lawn, you damn kids!****
* I know, it's hard to believe I could be less Victorian than anyone, right, but the only thing I want less than an intrusive phone call is a bunch of emails asking me when to call me. :)
** Or I'm dead in a ditch somewhere. Either way, I'm still not answering the phone.
*** I know I'm way behind the times on the whole text message thing, but that's cool. I have email on my phone, and I have phone on my phone, and whatever you're about to text me about is not worth .10. Trust me.
**** I know this makes it sound like I live in a cave or something, but I do usually answer my phone, actually. When I don't, it's because I'm busy doing something else.