1. This weekend I was watching VH1's 100 Best Hard Rock songs (why? I don't know. I don't even listen to hard rock much) and the coolest thing about these VH1 song lists is that there's always some awesome song that you forgot about or never even heard. Like this one:
Don't play this one while you're driving, though...I got a little carried away* with regard to speed on the way to work the other morning, and it was only luck that I didn't get a ticket.**
2. The show Supernanny is awesome comfort viewing for those of us who don't want to have children. :)
3. I finished the revision of The Book this weekend (by which I mean I finished the first pass--now comes the typing and fixing). Even though I'm not technically done, there's still something supremely satisfying about writing "The End" on a page when it's well-earned. Now I've got to go back and do some more work...
4. And congratulations to Cinda Williams Chima, whose first book in the Seven Realms series came out just a few days ago. Cinda is not only a great storeyteller, but an awesome critique partner as well. If you like high fantasy, you should definitely pick up The Demon King.
* 101 mph. Seriously, luck.
** Incidentally, the number one song? "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns'n'Roses, a solid and slightly unorthodox choice (most people would have gone with "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana, which was, like, number five or something). Also, was everyone but me aware that Guns'n'Roses was named after two guys--Axl Rose and Tracii Guns? Because I feel like an idiot for not knowing that.