1. This song, "Fireflies" by Ocean City, is just...magical. Sometimes electronica sounds harsh and cold, but this song demonstrates that it can also be charming and whimsical and heartfelt.* Take a listen:
2. Does anyone watch Heroes anymore? Because I don't.
3. I have over 60 pairs of shoes. I know this because this weekend I bought 60 lucite shoe boxes at Target to get a handle on organizing my closet and I have filled all the boxes and there are still shoes left. And that doesn't include the tennis shoes and boots that are too big to fit in normal shoe boxes.
4. I hope that this article in the Washington Post isn't true, but it probably is. I think it's sad that people might not have handwriting in the near future. Sure, typing is much more important in this modern day and age, but the ability to write a letter in something besides block print is a sign of a civilized person, I think.
5. I had a breakthrough on a story that I'm not even working on right now.** I think it was something about the music I was listening to on my drive in. Strange how that works sometimes, isn't it?
* See also "Duct Tape My Heart" by Freezepop, winner of Jay's Honorary Grammy for Best Use of Duct Tape in a Pop Song.
** I'm starting it too early, which is not like me.