1. 13.1 miles is a long ways to walk. I cannot believe that some people ran twice that distance in the same amount of time. I cannot believe that they did so without, like, someone driving behind them pointing a gun the whole way, because that's the only way I'm ever doing a whole marathon, and even then it depends on how devoted to life I am at, like, mile 18.
2. There are a lot of little cool spots in Cleveland that I had no idea existed. (I'm looking at you, Garton Square Arts District). And there are a lot of boring parts of Cleveland that really shouldn't be a part of a marathon (hello, 2+ miles on the inbound east shoreway).
3. Dear Band Director at the St. Ignatius High School: If it was your idea to have the marching band out in front of the school to play for the marathon participants, you are awesome. Because nothing makes a walker feel more wanted than a bunch of high school kids playing "Louis Louis" at 8:30 in the morning.**
4. Potato chips eaten after three and half hours of walking = Best Potato Chips EVER.
5. What? Writing? Oh, I didn't do much of that this weekend. But since I won't be able to walk for the rest of the week probably, I'm sure I'll make up for it. :)
* By which I mean walked a half marathon. 13.1 miles is still a long ways, people.
** I'm totally not even kidding about that. In fact, there were a lot of people and groups that came out to support the marathon, and it was really touching.