by Katie Alender, whose blog is so seriously entertaining that I sent a query letter to her agent just because he was cool enough to rep her. Here's the meme:
1. What was I doing ten years ago? Hmm...1998, what was I doing? Ooh! I was in a PhD program (Victorian Lit), and was months away from deciding to quit and go to law school (that happened in August). I have to say that, while I still miss teaching a little, that was a great decision. So, yay, ten years ago me, for being about to make a good life decision!
2. What are five things on my to do list for today (in no particular order)? finish the laundry; write 2500 words on Electric Boogaloo; walk the dog; straighten up office; read GMAT manual (I'm in training to be a GMAT instructor).
3. What snacks do I enjoy? I'm of the salty persuasion, so any thing made from a potato or corn that is then fried/salted, count me in. I also like fruit, but not nearly as much as I like potato chips.
4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire. First thing would be to pay off all my debt (law school...sigh). Last year I got on a very detailed budget and have been focused on paying of debt. A billion dollars would put a big dent in the student loan. :) Adopt a BUNCH of greyhounds, and give my dogwalker a raise. Buy a second car. Remodel my house or buy a new house, but not a mansion, just a different house. I don't need a mansion, unless it's to house my dozens of new greyhounds. Invest in some of the artists and authors I've met at work. Endow a scholarship at my undergrad university and at my law school. I'm going to stop now, but really, the list is endless.
5. Places I have lived. Waukesha, Wisconsin. Portales, New Mexico. Kent, Ohio. Cleveland, Ohio.
6. Jobs I have had. Birthday Party Girl at McDonald's. Cater Waiter at a country club. English Teacher. "Big Firm" Lawyer.
7. Six people I want to know more about.
Mary C. Ryan
Blake Nelson (who I don't know, but I want to know his answers anyway. Oh, and also I don't know Joelle Anthony either, but her blog is great. Isn't it strange how you can feel you know someone just from a blog when that person might not even know your name? Sorry, back to the list!).
...except that's all I've got! I need to meet more people on blogger. Or more people I know need to get blogs. Whichever.